Asia Pacific Network of people Living with HIV/AIDS (APN+)
Established in 1994, APN+ is the network of PLHIV living in the Asia Pacific region. It was established in response to the need for a collective voice for PLWHA in the region, to better link regional PLHIV with the Global Network of PLHIV (GNP+) and positive networks throughout the world, and to support regional responses to widespread stigma and discrimination and better access to treatment and care.
Key areas of practice
Critical to APN+ is to work together to improve the quality of life for all people living with HIV in the Asia‐Pacific region through:
- peer led advocacy‐using a rights and evidence based and equitable approach - on the issues that matter to PLHIV including access to fully funded, affordable and comprehensive treatment, care and support, laws that provide justice for all, access to education, housing and income and the meaningful involvement of PLHIV at all levels of the HIV response.
- leadership‐to foster leadership among PLHIV and their networks.
- network strengthening‐ by promoting PLHIV identity, developing strategic partnerships and improving capacity in leadership, governance, management and policy implementation.
- communication ‐ encouraging and strengthen the effective exchange of knowledge and information among all PLHIV, their networks, partners and others through the use of existing and emerging interactive communication technologies, research, publications, meetings, and sharing experiences and best practice.
- capacity building activities‐ ofthe APN+ secretariatin the areas of governance,management, communications, systems and policy that enable the efficient and effective implementation of important regional initiatives and support for network members to achieve their own goals and aspirations.
Country/Countries of engagement
Asia Pacific region with members in 30 countries.
75/12 Ocean Tower II, 15th Floor. Soi Sukhumvit 19 , Klong Toey Nua. Wattana , Bangkok , THAILAND 10110
Email address: email@example.com
Social Media https://www.facebook.com/apn.plus
Website Link http://www.apnplus.org